Homes in Big Creek Elementary School District
"Quality Learning and Superior Performance for All"
About Big Creek Elementary School… Read More...
The mission of Big Creek Elementary School is to instill a love of learning through a supportive, rigorous, and empowering environment.
As the district’s oldest elementary school still in operation, Big Creek Elementary was built in 1939 from the consolidation of three schools: Harris Grove, Oak Grove and Italy. Mr. A. M. Sosebee was the first principal as well as one of the school's five teachers. The original school building had no electricity. Each room was heated by a coal heater and drinking water came from a well in the school yard. Since its opening, Big Creek has had nine renovations and additions. The school is named after Big Creek, a stream in Forsyth and Fulton counties, which is a portion of Vickery Creek that was named after the Civil War.